Sunday, July 22, 2012

Trailblazin' Time...



Captain Sex Kitten is on the road, y'all. Once in a while, when the going gets tough, the best way I know to cope is to just get away for a while. Take a deep breath, line up all the ducks, pack up some necessities, and head for the hills. Nature heals, but you have to give her a spot of time to do so. TCB.

When the going gets tough, I sometimes turn to an imaginary boyfriend for moral support. This week he's been so great, bringing me little gifts – the latest hip hop beats on vinyl, a cup of coffee to help me get through the next deadline, a sexy pair of peep toe wedge heels. He loves me unconditionally for who I am, for better or worse. I realize that I'm doing these nice little things for myself, and maybe it's weird that I like to daydream up an imaginary boyfriend once in a while, but whatever. I'm the queen of benignly unhinged coping mechanisms.

I'm a lucky gal. One thing I definitely realize, even when I'm stressed, is that I'm never alone. I have an amazing array of very real friends and family who do love me for who I am. The rest of the world can take me or leave me.

My sweet friend Lady J will be lending her voice to this blog next week while I'm out there blazing up the hiking trails. A fellow comic geek and super-fierce feminista, I've asked her to tell a piece of her story – when she started reading comics, why she likes them, and how she feels about being a fangirl. Her essay will be posted in two parts on Monday and Wednesday next week. Enjoy!

Need suggestions for benignly unhinged coping mechanisms (I'm full of 'em)? Email CaptainSexKitten@gmail.com anytime!



No comments:

Post a Comment