Monday, July 16, 2012

Ask Captain Sex Kitten: Shy in Chicago

Dear Captain Sex Kitten: 

I have a major crush on this guy, except every time I see him I get very shy. He's a friend of a friend. I've met him several times but I'm so attracted to him that I pretty much lose the ability to speak. I shop in the book store he works at all the time, and I swear that I've caught him smiling at me. I look at his new pics on Facebook and we seem to share a lot of interests. According to OK Cupid we have the same favorite bands, foods, colors, and a preference for quiet nights at home reading. What should I do????

-- Shy in Chicago 

Well…. you just need to do SOMETHING. Anything. Or else stop having a crush on this guy because you're just going to sign yourself up for many more months of self-perpetuated angst. First of all, quit stalking him! Or start incorporating that into your plan of action somehow. Quit staring at him stocking books from between the shelves and go ask him for a recommendation, that's a great way to start a conversation. If the cat's still got your tongue, try actually sending him a message on Facebook or OK Cupid to get the ball rolling. Start with all those interests you share. 
What's the worst thing that could happen?! He's really just a regular guy, no big deal. He's human and it sounds like he might be shy too. He may or may not be for you, but you will never know unless you take a deep breath and actually try connecting with him. At some point you're going to have to talk to him. Just be authentic. It does take courage to open up to somebody new, especially if you're an introvert. I'm an extrovert, and I still get nervous sometimes about talking to guys I'm magnetically attracted to. But you really have nothing to lose, sweet friend. Ask him questions and listen to his answers, have fun getting to know him, and then you'll have a better frame of reference for how crush-worthy he is. He may be a really sweet guy seeking a pretty lady bookworm like you and you'll be curled up on the sofa reading to each other in no time. He may be a total whack-a-mole, and you'll never know either way until you open your mouth and start a conversation. 
Good luck darling! 

Got a question for Captain Sex Kitten???? Feel free to ask for more advice on love, lust, dating and sex in addition to a good book recommendation - Contact: CaptainSexKitten@gmail.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment